Holiday platter ideas are everywhere, but our Pita & Falafel Platter is enjoyable any time of year! It is a delightful vegetarian option and can be easily adapted for your vegan friends by using tahini or hummus instead of labneh for dipping / spreading. The crispy chickpeas, fresh veggies, and crunchy Afia Traditional Falafel contrast the soft pita and creamy labneh, creating a combination with plenty of texture and flavor. Plus, the platter offers something for every type of eater!
Substitutions are easily made for this appetizer plate — any of our falafel flavors work great here and you can choose your own dip or spread. Labneh is a creamy, tangy yogurt cheese and can be found in many dairy aisles if you don’t have time to strain your own yogurt. If you prefer a vegan option, use tahini seasoned with sea salt and garlic powder, or pick up your favorite hummus. Don’t have a favorite hummus yet? Try our White Bean Hummus with Pesto recipe. Any way you arrange these ingredients is sure to please.
Traditional Falafel, prepared according to package directions
Labneh, Hummus, or Tahini
Sliced seedless cucumbers
Sliced red onions
For the crispy chickpeas:
1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas, drained
Garlic salt & pepper
Garnish: Toasted sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. Arrange drained chickpeas on a rimmed baking sheet prepared with parchment paper.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and season with garlic salt and pepper; toss to coat.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes until crispy, tossing chickpeas halfway through for even baking.
5. Remove from heat and set aside.
6. Arrange all the ingredients on a platter.