Comfort food never tasted so good. Warm up with this healthy and satisfying dish featuring Afia Kibbeh. Creamy mashed cauliflower and crisp seasoned green beans complete this delicious and wholesome meal, perfect for the entire family!
Pro tip: for extra flavor, add vegetable broth to your water before steaming the cauliflower. Trust us — it’s delicious!
2-3 servings of Afia Kibbeh, prepared according to package directions
1 lb. Fresh French green beans, washed and trimmed
1 tsp. Italian herb seasoning
1 head of cauliflower, washed and cut
2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup butter, divided
1/3 cup sour cream (light sour cream works!)
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place the prepared green beans in boiling water and cook for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and absorb excess moisture with a paper towel.
2. Melt 2 tbsp. butter in the same pot you prepared the beans and return the drained green beans to the pot. Add the Italian herb seasoning and toss until fully coated.
3. Steam chopped cauliflower until cooked through and very tender (about 8-10 minutes).
4. Sauté chopped garlic cloves in remaining 2tbs of butter until golden and set aside. Try not to burn the garlic as that will add unwanted bitterness!
5. Place cauliflower, garlic, butter, sour cream, and salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse until smooth and then transfer to a bowl.
6. Place one serving of green beans and cauliflower mash on a plate. Top with prepared Afia Kibbeh.