Healthy Traditional Falafel Bowl With Veggies and Black Sesame Seeds
This is a simple bowl recipe with raw veggies and crispy Afia Traditional Falafel. Use it as a jumping off point and make it your own! Incorporating veggies that are either raw or blanched will help you keep the crunch and nutrients.
Made from a dynamic medley of garbanzo beans, onions, and parsley seasoned with Mediterranean herbs and spices, Afia Falafel makes it possible to keep this bowl vegan, vegetarian, and gluten free. Three Traditional Falafels are just 90 calories and will add a warm, crispy satisfaction to your dish. Top with a drizzle of tahini sauce to give it added flavor.
INGREDIENTS2 cups cooked brown rice, prepared according to package directions
1 carrot, julienned
½ cup celery, chopped into 1-inch diagonals
6 Afia Traditional Falafel, prepared according to package directions
1 tsp. black sesame seeds
1 cup cold water
1 cup tahini
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
Juice of two lemons
1. Prepare the brown rice and set aside.
2. Prepare Afia Traditional Falafel by baking or air-frying according to package instructions (10 min).
3. Julienne the carrot.
4. Chop the celery into 1-inch diagonals.
5. Make tahini sauce: Fill a medium bowl with the water. Then add in the tahini.
6. Whisk until smooth. Stir in crushed garlic and the lemon juice. Add more cold water if needed until the sauce is thin enough to drizzle.
7. Assemble the bowls: Divide the brown rice between two bowls. Add half of the veggies to each bowl and top each with three falafel. Sprinkle each bowl with half the sesame seeds and drizzle with dressing.