This simple sauté is full of flavor and nutritional ingredients. The star of this dish, black-eyed peas, can help support weight loss, improve heart health, and promote good digestion. Olive oil, onion, bell pepper, garlic and paprika give the peas an extra kick of flavor to delight your taste buds. The sauté is a plant-based recipe and great for vegan or vegetarian lovers alike. Add your favorite Afia Falafel to keep it vegan: Traditional, Garlic and Herb, Turmeric, or Sun-Dried Tomato. Afia Three Cheese Falafel or Traditional Kibbeh are also great matches for this flavorful, healthy recipe.
And if eaten on New Year’s Day, they may even bring you a bit of luck!
INGREDIENTS1 can black-eyed peas, drained
1/2 medium red onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, rough chopped
2 tsp paprika
Sea salt and pepper
Italian parsley for garnish
Your Favorite Afia Falafel or Kibbeh, prepared according to package directions
1. Heat skillet on medium heat. Sauté red onion and red bell pepper in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add garlic and paprika. Sauté until garlic is fragrant.
3. Add black eyed peas. Stir until peas are heated and everything is combined.
4. Serve with your favorite Afia Falafel or Kibbeh.
5. Top with chopped Italian parsley.
6. ENJOY! (Serves 2)