This recipe featuring Afia Turmeric Falafel packs in a ton of flavor thanks to plenty of fresh veggies, garlic and spices. It’s also pretty easy to adapt to suit your preferences. Like things spicy? Add a pinch of cayenne! Love garlic? Go ahead and add an extra clove. To complete this recipe, choose a flat bread such as manoush or naan to serve with the bowl. It’s the perfect dish for vegan meal prep inspiration!
Turmeric Falafel, 2 servings prepared according to package directions.
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 zucchini, cut into quarters
½ pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
½ onion, chopped
1 bunch of green asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tsp. dried basil
Sea salt & pepper, to taste
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1. Heat 1-2 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet on medium high heat.
2. Add the veggies and spices and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the chopped garlic and continue to sauté until the garlic is fragrant.
4. Turn off the heat and cover until ready to serve.
5. Assemble each bowl with a cup of rice, half the veggies and three falafel.