Moroccan Carrot Rice bowl + Afia Falafel
Make a delicious rice bowl at home with Afia Falafel
Ingredients1 cup cooked white rice
1 (16 oz) package of mini carrots, cut in half lengthwise
1 TBS olive oil
Sea salt, to taste
1 cup large black olives, halved
⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
Handful of chopped cilantro
Handful of chopped mint
Your favorite Afia Falafel, prepared according to package directions
For the dressing
Juice of 1 orange & 1 lemon
1 TBS honey
1 tsp cumin
1. In a large bowl, toss sliced carrots in olive oil.
2. Heat skillet on high & add prepared carrots.
3. Sauté carrots for 1-2 minutes. You want most of the carrots to have browned edges.
4. Turn down heat & sauté until carrots are slightly tender. You don't want them mushy or soft!
5. Return carrots to large bowl & let cool.
6. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
7. Pour dressing over cooled carrots & toss.
8. Just before serving, add cilantro, mint and pine nut to carrots.
9. Serve with rice and your favorite Afia Falafel.