Enjoy this fresh vegetable bowl with your favorite Afia Falafel!
2 pints of multi color cherry tomatoes, cut in half
1 bunch of green onions (bulb removed), sliced diagonally
1 Middle Eastern cucumber, halved lengthwise & cut into chunks
¼ cup mint, rough chopped
¼ cup flat leaf parsley, rough chopped
Afia Falafel, prepared according to package directions
1 tsp sumac
Juice of half a lemon
2 TBS pomegranate syrup
¼ cup olive oil
Sea salt & pepper, to taste
Toasted Pita Chips
1-2 TBS olive oil
2-3 pieces of pita bread, cut into small pieces
1. Toss the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, mint and parsley in a medium sized bowl.
2. Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk.
3. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss.
4. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. To prepare pita chips, heat oil in a skillet.
6. Add pita pieces one at a time and sauté until crispy. You will need to move the pita pieces around while frying so they get browned on all sides.
7. Set chips aside until ready to serve. You want to add the pita chips to the salad at the last minute so the chips don’t get soggy.
8. When ready to serve, toss vegetables and chips together and top with Afia Falafel.